Honda 599 Forum

Go Back   Honda 599 Forum > General Community > Welcome to the new Honda 599 Forum

Welcome to the new Honda 599 Forum Everyone is welcome. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #21
kcaja1

Default Re: A bike after 15 years (Woodbridge, VA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post
Welcome to the forum!

I commute on mine. The tricky part is dressing right. When I leave in the morning it's really cold and when I get back it can get pretty hot. That and trying to keep my fancy clothes looking good.

I would recommend getting some kind of overpant in the morning. It keeps bug guts off your nice pants and keeps you warm. I just use some thin snow pants. On my way home I toss it in my backpack along with my jacket liner.
That seems to be an issue for me too. I leave a pair of work shoes at the office now. I also bought a magnetic tank bag where I put my work clothes and just change twice (morning and afternoon). I feel safe wearing my riding gears and I don't mind the few minutes I spend for those.
kcaja1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #22
carlitos_92

Default Re: A bike after 15 years (Woodbridge, VA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post
I would recommend getting some kind of overpant in the morning. It keeps bug guts off your nice pants and keeps you warm. I just use some thin snow pants. On my way home I toss it in my backpack along with my jacket liner.
+1, but maybe it would be a better idea to use an overpant actually designed for riding.

I commute 30 miles each way, almost every day, almost all freeway. Even during the summer we usually stay below 80F in the mornings, so it's not too bad. Going home is another matter (100F+), but unavoidable.

It's dark when I go in, so I carry my tinted visor with me in a backpack, along with lunch etc, and I also have the work shoes (and belt) at the office.