Honda 599 Forum

Go Back   Honda 599 Forum > General Community > Welcome to the new Honda 599 Forum

Welcome to the new Honda 599 Forum Everyone is welcome. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:13 AM   #1
Enigma

Default New guy from Nigeria

Hello every one,
It's nice to be here, for some God knows reason I like the hornet and I recently bought an 08 cb600f from a friend who apparently dropped it and wanted to sell off and that gave me an opportunity to own one, that's adding to my cbr1000rr.
Not that bad... broken lights, speedo, dent on the tank, handle bar and tail section... but I still got it any way. I wanted one

Well now am trying to fix it up... so far new handle bar, fixed dent to tank and tail section, cleaned injectors, new plugs, fuel pump, no lights and speedo yet... I tried to start it up, it starts and idled normal but! It will short down if try to give it a quick rev and if I go slow it gets up to approximately 2500rpm then fluctuates(up and down) at that point and won't go beyond as I throttle more.

Pls can any one assist me? I really can't wait to take it on a spin. Please...
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2017, 10:59 AM   #2
Joelittel

Default Re: New guy from Nigeria

I'd start by cleaning the carbs. How long has the bike been off the road?
Joelittel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:10 PM   #3
hollowmind

Since its a 2009 I would assume its fuel injected (we didn't get the 07 and up in north america), so carbs would be out.
I cant say I have ever dealt with a bike cutting out like that, but off the top of my head I would guess is that its an ECU issue. Make sure that there is no damaged wiring and double check that all the ground bolts are tight.
hollowmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:36 AM   #4
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowmind View Post
Since its a 2009 I would assume its fuel injected (we didn't get the 07 and up in north america), so carbs would be out.
I cant say I have ever dealt with a bike cutting out like that, but off the top of my head I would guess is that its an ECU issue. Make sure that there is no damaged wiring and double check that all the ground bolts are tight.
Thanks for you reply I really appriciate.
Yes it's fuel injected. I'll take another look at all the wiring again. My bike comes with HISS will I be able to find a replacement ECU? I was also thinking of changing the entire throttle body. What do you think?
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote