Honda 599 Forum

Go Back   Honda 599 Forum > General Community > Super Sneaky Steve's Repair and Maintenance Video Corner

Super Sneaky Steve's Repair and Maintenance Video Corner A constantly growing collection of Super Sneaky Steve's repair and maintenance videos.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
Super Sneaky Steve

Default How to remove your rear wheel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaLwlFl3KQw

Keep in mind when you put the wheels back on you'll need to pump up your brakes again.

New tires need to be scrubed in too. Just gently increase your lean angles and go easy on the gas and brakes. I like to take some low speed S turns around my neighborhood.

I took this opportunity to clean my sprocket assembly with some degreaser. Just be careful not to squirt any on your bearings. An old toothbrush helped get into the tight spaces.
Super Sneaky Steve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #2
jmd

Quote:
Keep in mind when you put the wheels back on you'll need to pump up your brakes again.
And remember not to touch your brake lever while the wheel/rotor are removed.
'06 Nissan Xterra
jmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
a4naught

So, I noticed that there was a little tussle getting the wheel off after the chain was off. Are the rear brake pads a sticking point?

Got my new torque wrench, 24mm socket and some NLGI#2 grease to go with my new rear stand (great for my recent brake lever/peg replacements!) and the rear wheel is coming OFF tomorrow so I can get a new Pilot Road 2 at the local CycleGear.

Woo! Any other hot tips before I jump over the cliff?

a4naught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
a4naught

Got the rear tire off today with a little tussle. On the 599 there is not NEARLY the amount of clearance for the chain or rotor/caliper as appears on the 919. Also, I don't know if there's some trick I didn't see, but I could not get the chain off without unscrewing the chain adjustment nuts, no way no how.

That and a breaker bar wouldv'e been nice...doh! Guess that's for the next tool trip...

Good to have seen that there is not much more to it though. Watched video several times to that effect. Darn little bike.

a4naught is offline   Reply With Quote