Honda 599 Forum

Go Back   Honda 599 Forum > General Community > Welcome to the new Honda 599 Forum

Welcome to the new Honda 599 Forum Everyone is welcome. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:53 AM   #1
Alex
Administrator

Default Forum Rules

As the forum matures, I find that certain rules of conduct are necessary to keep this place enjoyable for everyone. They are as follows:

1. No Spam
I have a Zero Telerance for Spam policy. If I find out you posted spam on this forum, your post and your username are gone without any questions. Period.

If what you have to promote is somehow beneficial or is of interest to the people on a motorcycle forum, speak to me before posting.

2. No disrespect and excessive cursing
We are all adults and most of us do curse, HOWEVER, cursing out other members of this forum because you don't agree with their opinion will NOT be tolerated. I will not have this forum poluted by foul language, racist remarks, or any other form of disrespect. Jokes are jokes, but we all know when we cross the line. If I start getting PMs and email from other members about your offensive behavior and you're out! End of story.

... I expect this list to grow as we mature as a forum. I really hope that I don't have to revisit it too often.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
antihero

Send a message via AIM to antihero

The sad part is that most of them are just bots that find all phpbb forums using google and post their vile filthy on unsuspecting forums. My other forums get a lot of signups that end up being spam bots but they don't post anything, the point of them is to setup their "website" as a link to their spam site so it comes up in google with a lot of links to it.

In fact I just banned almost all of china because 90% of them come from those ip addresses.

I hope it doesn't get so bad we need more moderators but I'm pretty sure it will.
antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
Alex
Administrator

We've had 2 obvious ones so far, and you guys pointed them out. Once I saw your comments, I deleted the post and the username.

So thank you guys for looking out.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:54 AM   #4
vthoky

Default Re: Forum Rules

Observations:
  • The date stamp on the posting of the rules (first post in this thread) is February 2007.
  • That post expresses the expectation of a growing list of rules.
  • It's now November of 2009.
  • It has not been necessary to post more rules.

To me, that says we've got a darned good bunch of members here.

"You may be right, Pythagorus, but they're gonna laugh if you call it a hypotenuse."
-- Go Hokies!! --
vthoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
Michael A Wong

Thanks Alex, you run a great forum here. Again, thank you!!
Michael A Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #6
Darrell41653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael A Wong View Post
Thanks Alex, you run a great forum here. Again, thank you!!
I agree...Great forum. I am on here every evening. I am also a member of several other forums and this one is by far the best.
On another note. I like spam. On crackers with raspberry jam...Mmmm Mmmm good.
"Horsepower is like dick size; there is no such thing as "too much". Granted, you may never use all that you've got, but it sure feels good knowing that you've got it in your pocket, available to whip it out and use it anytime you want to. Or need to, even if just to win a bet ..."
Darrell41653 is offline   Reply With Quote