Honda 599 Forum

Go Back   Honda 599 Forum > General Community > Videos

Videos A place for various motorcycle related videos.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
15levels

Default Ride in Dilijan, Armenia

I am riding the yellow hornet. Shot with GoPro Hero3+. Enjoy and greetings from Armenia!

Last edited by 15levels; 05-25-2014 at 09:52 AM.
15levels is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2014, 10:20 AM   #2
Creakinbones

Default Re: Ride in Dilijan, Armenia

Loved that The fun you bunch were having comes right across on the vid. The Nina Simone remix was perfect for it too.

It's funny (and cool) being able to watch a hornet like that. Although there's meant to be lots in the UK, you just don't see that many around. It must be 4 years or so since I followed one through the twisties.

Thanks for putting it up. A real tonic on a wet Sunday afternoon in Scotland.

Last edited by Creakinbones; 05-25-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Creakinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
15levels

Yes it was real fun, that stretch of a road is fantastic and rare for our country because we have a real big problem with good asphalt (Soviet legacy). To drive on those 10 km we have to ride for a good hour. There are only 2 hornets in Armenia, mine and another asphalt one, but the second one is not running anymore, because the guy abused it quite a lot, like riding long wheelies, etc. Speaking of which, man, the bike just wont go up! I never attempted it anyway, but until I master the clutch I wont feel I am in the complete control of the motorcycle. I dont seem to be able to find the right way to lift the front, whatever I do, it doesnt have enough torque to do it on power alone, I have to throw the clutch... I been practicing a little but I feel like I am torturing the bike, don't know what to do to learn the damn thing.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #4
Creakinbones

I tell you what, that GoPro takes great vid. Yeah, I'm not the best one to ask about wheelies. I do them regularly in the summer, but not intentionally. If I miss a hump and forget to push on the pegs, up she goes and I am particularly useless at keeping the front end down drag racing with buddies. Just getting the revs up in 1st and feeding the clutch in too fast seems to get the front up easy, I also have a habit of sitting too far back which doesn't help. I know you're talking about proper wheelies, which is a lot different.

Good to see you're on the road and having fun btw, I've not seen you on here in a while.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:38 AM   #5
15levels

Are you saying your 599 goes up just on power alone? I am not talking about 'proper' wheelies, only about controlling the bike and lifting front wheel. I dont seem to have any luck on 1st gear, if at all only at 2nd. Maybe it also has to do with few factors not in my favor- a) we are high above sea level, at least 700 meters. b) we dont have good petrol here, at least not as clean as in Europe or States c) maybe i do need to get rid of the california emissions sh*t that still hangs on the bike... some say it gives few more hp back to the engine... anyhow, thanks for the kind words, Creakinbones, I hope weather improves in Scotland and you can go back on the road. Riding keeps me sane.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:06 AM   #6
Creakinbones

I've never tried to bring it up on power alone so I don't know. I can lift the front easily from a standing start by raising the revs right up and dumping the clutch too hard and I've felt the front lift if I've been too aggressive through the gears, but that's not wheelying.

I wouldn't worry about your bike being down on power. I think it's really all about technique. Once you have the technique, anything seems to be game for wheelying. I used to wheelie my Chopper bicycle all the way down the street when I was a kid lol. I see you've put a separate thread up. Hopefully you'll get the answer in there.

Last edited by Creakinbones; 05-26-2014 at 02:20 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
rndthought

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15levels View Post
Speaking of which, man, the bike just wont go up!
Sprockets... change 'em up! Think from factory they were very conservative with the ratios.

And thanks for sharing. Fun to see!
Old 05-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #8
mlove

I've found that coasting along at 30km/h and then whacking the throttle open while giving a tug on the bars gets the wheel off the ground almost every time. Not that I do it that much.

Great Video.
mlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:53 AM   #9
GuyD

Cool to see some video of that part of the world. Go totally off throttle then wide open throttle about 6-7K RPMS in first and give a pull on the bars. Easier to control then dumping the clutch for my limited wheelies.

I totalled my 599 so no muppet for me!

My Old Bike: http://www.honda599.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6190
GuyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #10
Alex
Administrator

This made me miss my Hornet so much. Awesome vid.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #11
Michael A Wong

Yes, sweet video and you're all the way in Armenia!! Nothing like a smooth ride on twisty roads. I would have wore my leather pants on that stretch. The front end comes up in 1st gear with out even trying but that's about all for me.
Michael A Wong is offline   Reply With Quote